Welcome to Old Panama City Beach Blog!

OPCB Blog

Old Panama City Beach welcomes you to our OPCB blog site. Here you will find interesting posts about the heyday of Panama City Beach, Florida.

All of our friends who are familiar with our long standing Facebook page “Old Panama City Beach”, will be happy to know that more in-depth and descriptive posts will appear here in the OPCB Blog.

Please feel free to comment on the blog posts and be sure to share with your friends too.

If you and your friends or family traveled to Panama City Beach, Florida, for vacations, over the years, you may want to join our newsletter for our latest retrospection of days gone by.

If you haven’t been to Panama City Beach, you still might want to experience the “beach life” through our memories and enlightening posts found in the OPCB Newsletter.

6 thoughts on “Welcome to Old Panama City Beach Blog!

1. Dotty weller says:

Any pix of the “Y” cottages during the 60’s..my memories of mom and and my 1 year old son was the best…hated to see them torn down…i sat and cried in Winn Dixie parking lot
    cottages

2. Kenny Redd says:

Thanks for the comment, Dotty. I do have a postcard of the “Y” Cottages. I will post it on OPCB’s Facebook page. We all get a little misty sometimes when we think of precious PCB memories.

3. S. Nichols says:

Do you know where the St. Regis Court owned by Veedie & Madeleine Halfacre in Laguna Beach used to be? Our family vacationed there in the late 60’s and I would like to know what is there now.

Thank you.

• Kenny Redd says:

Sandra Nichols:

I don’t know the exact address. I’ll post this on OPCB FB page and ask if anyone knows the address or what’s there now. Thanks for visiting OPCB.com..!

Kenny Redd

4. Greg Matherson says:

I remember staying at the Monterey Hotel back in the ’60’s. Bill Simpson and his wife owned it. My dad would always stop in Chilton County, Alabama to pick up a basket of peaches for Bill’s wife. Times were so good back then. Does anyone remember Bill Simpson and the Monterey Hotel?

• Kenny Redd says:

Greg, I don’t recall the Monterey Hotel. Was it on Thomas Drive? Too bad that today’s visitors ave no opportunity to get to know their hosts the way your family did. Thanks for posting your story..!